The Director of Ticket Sales is the team leader responsible for increasing the revenue generating capabilities of the ticketing operations and ticket functionality for this Minor League Hockey team. This role is tasked with selling the ticket inventory to individuals, businesses and organizations in the community through prospecting and cold calling new and existing clients.
The ideal person will have demonstrated experience in driving performance meeting weekly and monthly sales activities and goals. He/She must develop and implement solutions that maximize the profit generated through ticket prices, products, and packages sold to customers and clients. Hitting personal sales goals, leading by example and driving daily the sales activity and revenue goals of the team through both calls and in-person meetings is a key component of this position.
The Director of Ticket Sales will be responsible for overseeing all group, fundraising and season ticket sales. The management and administrative responsibilities will be limited.
- Strong leadership and sales skills
- Proven success in running a ticketing sales organization in the sports industry and meeting or exceeding sales goals;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent communication skills; strong worth ethic and ability to work long hours;
- Experience with CRM’s;
- BA/BS Degree preferred and at least 3 years of relevant sports related sales experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate revenue through selling all ticket inventory: season tickets, flex plans, groups and suites, to meet weekly and monthly sales goals. Establish, communicate and track individual and team sales activity and revenue goals.
- Develop and maintain client database through new customers prospecting, cold calling, community events, networking and referrals.
- Work with team president to create, plan and implement competitive ticket pricing strategies that correlates with dynamic and creative season, flex, group ticket and nightly suite sales strategies and campaigns to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Manage various in-game assets/fan experiences in order to maximize ticket sales.
- Develop unique campaigns & execute group sales plans for theme nights
- Collaborate with strategic vendors/third-party entities to create departmental efficiencies and maximize ticketing revenue through timely delivery of ticketing products and services. Ensure maximum utilization of our CRM, other database and ticketing systems to effectively prospect, sell, retain and track results.
- Act as primary liaison, in conjunction with, Ticketmaster and Box Office Manager with ticketing software platform to address all technical ticketing support and build season, group and single-game ticket types, as well as efficiently process all ticket orders in a timely manner.
- Work with Box Office Manager to produce daily ticket reports and game-night audits and reports as needed.
- Produce timely, accurate reporting that monitors the progress of the sales team individually and collectively.
- Oversee, with help from Box Office Manager, all designated game day ticketing operations including - but not limited to – ticketing interns, ticket takers, ticket office, box office, and will-call operations that meets customer service standards established by the team.
- Collaborate with all internal departments regarding the overall ticket sales efforts and related team game day functions.
- Establish and provide on-going review policies and procedures that support the seamless execution of strategic initiatives.
- Develop and manage department budget; responsible for leveraging ticket resources to maximize revenue while controlling costs. Report on budget variances and forecasts.
- Have Fun!
NOTE: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this description.