This internship can start November 9, 2017
TeamWork Online is the unquestioned leader in sports employment, bringing together thousands of sports organizations and millions of candidates both virtually and in-person. We are seeking candidates for our new internship program to work in our new office in Downtown Cleveland a block away from the Q! This program will run 3 months - 6 months, and allows interns to work with all elements of the business. If a full-time job opens up, our interns are the first to be considered.
What makes us different? We empower our staff to do things that impact the business and the industry on a day-to-day basis. Our staff is exposed to the brightest and best in sports - meeting executives at local teams and all over the country from the day they start. We educate our staff on the industry; past, present and future as well as on our business - everyone gets a chance to do sales, marketing, and service. We value our staff, our clients and our users - we believe our business is all about our relationships and streamlining the recruiting process through nifty technology, service, education, networking and face-to-face interactions.
What’s our record of success with interns? Typically, our interns are either offered a job here at TeamWork or we help to place them with one of our clients. Some recent success are - Tim with ESPN Sport Science; another Justin with the Aspire Group, Alex with the Arizona Diamondbacks, Dave with Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment and Matt with DraftKings just to name a few.
What are we looking for?
- Someone looking to attend grad school in a year, recent graduates or someone who needs an internship to graduate.
- Smart. Believe it or not, we do pay attention to overall GPA.
- Hard worker. We want you to want to work hard, learn a lot and handle more than you can imagine.
- Preferably we'd like someone who would like to work for us someday and is using this internship to show us what you've got.
- Quick. On the computer typing, writing, problem solving, and getting tasks done quickly, reading emails, figuring out what the employer or applicant is struggling with and providing the answer.
- High attention to detail, particularly strong on the keyboard. We don't like making mistakes; we hope that's one of your compulsions too.
- Great writing. We write in complete sentences, and proper grammar and spelling is really important. If you aren't good at that it won't be a good fit.
- Curiosity: We don't want followers. We want people who think of new ways to do things. An intern created the "scoreboard" that still shows on the front of our website. So an interest in tech helps.
- Passion for the sports industry: If you want to be a leader in the industry, there is no better place to get a full view of your options. If you don't want to pursue the industry, we're probably not the best fit.
- Happy. We work best with people who are happy with themselves.
What will you do? Our interns heavily support the work of our client services team, senior leadership, and business development. Interns perform research, implement marketing tactics to promote open positions, directly interact with both clients and candidates, and are allowed a strong voice in the company. This is real work that affects the business, not just some "run errands during lunch" stuff. Additionally, we spend time each week educating our interns on issues of company and the industry to better prepare them for the future.
Responsibilities: Here are some examples of potential duties.
- Communication: Keeping staff up to date with sports industry news.
- Client Services: Responsible for assisting communication to candidates in regards to open positions posted on our site.
- Research: Examining hiring trends and other data from our system.
- MVP Access & TeamWork U: Helping the founder find social media data and uploading the weekly blog.
- Teammate Events: Assisting with emails, logistical information, and tracking ticketing numbers for our open events.
Please fill out the cover letter. We want to see how well you write. Hired interns have also submitted a video elevator pitch, another way to show you are not just fishing for any job - hint hint....